Frequently Asked Questions
How did CSG get started?
- CSG was started in 2003 initially conducting software selection projects for mid sized companies in northeast Ohio. Performing these selection projects gave us a strong understanding of the key features and priorities essential to companies today. One of our first ERP selection projects resulted in the selection of Microsoft Axapta. However, when the partner began to stumble on the implementation, CSG jumped in and finished the project. This experience began our work with Dynamics AX and the development of our team of experts who know both how to get struggling implementations back on track and how get the most out of AX post implementation.
What is the difference between CSG and other partners?
- Other Dynamics partners do a great job selling Dynamics AX software, that’s what they do. But CSG focuses on excellence in services, which is what we do. Our consultants are top-notch in their areas of expertise. We do not pull the best consultants from our customers in order to support software sales demos or presentations; our experts stick with our customers throughout our engagements. Our entire business is based on the satisfaction of our customers with our services. Check out our customer stories and you’ll see that CSG is all about successful engagements and not where our next big software sale is coming from. Yes, CSG has earned Microsoft Gold level competence in ERP and we are capable of selling Dynamics AX, but we choose to focus on high quality, excellent services.
Do you work with other partners?
- Not only can we work with other MBS partners, we are one of the only MBS partners that can work with other partners simply because we do not compete for Dynamics licensing revenue. Once again, our goal is to provide excellent services that make our customers successful. Sometimes that means working side-by-side with other partners in active engagements to help make all parties successful. CSG will be there after the system is live to help our customers get more value out of their AX investment through business intelligence, expansion of functionality, integration with mobile or third party solutions, improvement in process, and so on.
What types of engagements does CSG typically seek?
- CSG can assist clients at any stage of their Dynamics AX implementation or after “go-live”. During the implementation we typically find ourselves assisting in areas of data cleansing and migration, set ups, customizations and training. We also provide “go live” support and are commonly called on to assist with performance issues either through data base tuning or code optimization. There is no problem that is too small to engage CSG. If your organization is running Dynamics AX and requires assistance, just contact us.
How are CSG’s business intelligence offerings any different than all the others?
- Business Intelligence is one of our core areas of expertise because we have expert knowledge of both Dynamics AX and BI. CSG has built many data warehouses for our AX customers. We know the data structures and have already built analytical and reporting databases and cubes that most AX customers ask for. CSG uses the Microsoft software that our customers already own to give them access to their key decision making information without the need of additional software licensing.
Does CSG have experience with upgrades?
- Yes, we began working on upgrades beginning with version 3.0 and are leading one of the earliest AX 2012 upgrades. As you can see on our website, we consider upgrades one of our specialties and had scheduled three AX 2012 upgrades before Microsoft released the GA version of the software. CSG understands that our clients are not interested in re-living an implementation when upgrading AX. As such, CSG has a defined methodology for estimating the size and scope of an AX upgrade. As mentioned, CSG’s success rests solely on our client engagements as we are not relying on licensing revenue to support our business. CSG is focused on leveraging our experience and proven repeatable processes to make our Dynamics AX clients successful.